We are so excited for this year's launch of our training programs! All Intermediate and Advanced teams will require auditions. Because of the new way of things now, our process is looking a little different this year. Read on for more information:
1. Register for your desired team auditions starting Aug 30-Sep 17th on our VYbE Dance App.
2. On Sep 12, receive tutorial videos with instructions to learn from (make sure your account allows for email notifications!). Learn the given choreography
3. Arrive in your designated audition time slot on Sept 19-20 (recommend 15 minutes early to sign in and warm up) to do the choreography you learned in front of our panel
4. Receive an email by end of September for personal feedback and team lists.
- If you cannot make the in-person audition part, please sign up for the online submissions and we will send you the tutorial and instructions. You will have 5 days to send your submission back to us
- In-person audition times are first come first serve. If it is full, you will need to submit online, so hurry!
- Team rehearsal days and times will be announced very shortly (subject to change without ample notice)
- Programs start week of Oct 5
- Beginner teams do not require auditions, please wait for the Upcoming Program Announcement for more details !
VYbE provides a safe space for dancers of all ages and all levels to explore their craft and become better versions of themselves. Dancers with promising potential and good work ethic may receive opportunities to perform and dance with and represent the company in various events/entertainment work.
Focusing on street styles taught by Ocean (Footnotes Elite, House of Hunnies), this is the inter training team for Popping, Locking, and Hip Hop Grooves. OSV stands for Old School VYbE
The intermediate choreography team for dancers with 1-2+ years of choreography experience. Taught by Carlo Macha (former director UHHU Dance Team of Ryerson, Director of Method 2016-Present, and VYbe alumni), students will further explore the foundations and combine it with new skills to improve their skills throughout the year.
The advanced choreography team for dancers with minimum 2 years of choreography experience. Taught by AJ Velasco (Founder of Glum Dance Company, Director of fX 2019), dancers will explore concepts and learn skills to further their choreography and dancing. Textures, dynamics, how to become more athletic and avoid injury, understanding musicality, and so on.
The intermediate/advanced jazzfunk dance team with minimum 1-2+ years of jazzfunk experience. Kasey (VYbE Alumni, Director for several teams since 2015, taught in multiple studios in Toronto) has been teaching and creating invaluable skills for the dancers on this team. Dancing with strength, confidence, and passion are the priorities of this team experience.